Must Read : Complete guide to Improve Blog in 2017
|8 Proven Ways to Make Your Blog More Attractive in 2017 : eAskme|
8 Proven Ways to Make Your Blog More Attractive in 2017
1. Representation Is EverythingDesign of your blog is one of the first things you should mull over before you even start anything. We’re visual creatures and we’re prone to turning to things that look prettier to us, so think of unique ways to appeal to your targeted audience. Depending on what your topic is, find inspiration what could make it stand out in the sea of other blogs. Use high-quality pictures, colors that are easy on the eye and maybe most importantly choose how your text will look like. Pick a font that’s easy to read, always make it at least 14 pixels and when it comes to colors of the text and its background, go for the opposites, though experience suggests that black on white is always the winner combination.
2. Do Blog Carnivals
If you’re new to the vast blogging community, then you’ve got a lot to learn, but here’s a tip that can help you get into the more prominent bloggers’ circle. Blog carnivals are one of the easiest ways to get more readers to learn about your blog, plus you get to learn a lot about other fellow bloggers in your niche. All you need to do is write a relevant blog post, that you then send to the carnival host, after which your text becomes a part of the carnival. It’s preferable to choose hosts who’ve done this in the past and have proven to be successful, that way you know that both promotion and your odds of getting new readers is good.
3. Your Topic Is Very ImportantWriting is a fickle lover and can sometimes send you meandering around the topic you’ve chosen for your blog, which can easily become a problem. If you want to have the attention of your targeted audience, you should stick to one topic and then as the time goes by and your readership becomes bigger, you can think about fanning out. Psychology behind this is simple – if people regularly return to your blog to find new information about a certain subject, you want to be the one that satisfies their needs. Besides, this is good for honing your writing skills, as focusing on one topic will allow you to train your creativity.
Read More : The Ultimate List of Blog Niche and Topic Ideas
4. Have a Logo
Your blog basically sells your words, which means you need to do all you can to make every aspect of your “product” as memorable as possible. Having a logo that becomes sort of a trademark of your writing, which will make you recognizable and your readers will always be able to see you in the crowd of other bloggers. You don’t have to spend a lot of time and money to design your own logo, it doesn’t even have to be a slogan or a sentence, and what’s more, many people simply use their initials. The visual effect of your logo is much more important, so be sure to make it fitting for your blog’s main topic.
Read More : design a successful logo
5. Stay in Touch with Fellow BloggersIf you’ve just decided to give blogging a go, then connecting with bloggers that have more influence than you is definitely a good strategy. Follow the people that are in your niche, actively engage in commenting on their posts, but don’t just dump the link to your blog in the comments because that’s just rude and won’t take you anywhere. Do your research to find out what blogs are most sought for and then begin making relationships with bloggers by genuinely participating and giving your opinion on certain subjects. Just make sure you’ve taken appropriate online security measures, so that you get more objective search results and avoid blogs infected by malware.
6. Keep Communication Channels Open
You want everyone that wants to get in touch with you do so easily, which means you should put in some effort to have your contact details in sight as much as possible. You should definitely have a separate page with all the info anyone could need to get in touch with you, but you should also take advantage of your footer and place your contact there as well. Of course, social media share buttons are also most welcome, so that your readers can reach you on the networks, plus you will make it much easier on them to share your interesting content.
7. Write Guest PostsWith getting to know more bloggers come the possibilities of writing guest posts for their blogs and them doing the same for you. This is a very beneficial situation for both sides and you can actually get a lot of readers in a very short period of time. Not just that, but your connections with bloggers will become stronger, which opens a path to future endeavors you could work on together. Extra points because you get a small boost in your SEO game for doing well with your link building strategy. Speaking of SEO…
Read More : Best Quality Blogs that Accept Guest Posts
8. Keep Your SEO Game on Track
Last but not least tip for keeping your blog successful in 2017 is paying attention to search engine optimization. You should do some research to find what keywords are relevant for your topic, learn about some basic SEO strategies and find ways to implement them into your writing, as well as your blog’s optimization. Having links from your blog shared on some high-ranking websites will momentarily improve your ranking in the search results as well, so don’t tiptoe around SEO, it’s an inseparable part of running a blog.
Read More : How Long Will a SEO Strategy Need to Take Effect?
If you believe that you’ve got what it takes to run a greatly successful blog in 2017, then go for it and give it all you’ve got. Just bear in mind that blogging done well requires much more than just writing the content – there are numerous other aspects that add to its value and you should work on them too. – By Thomas Milva
Tom has been in the business of information security for four years, and strongly believes that he picked the best timing for his profession, which he often underlines in his articulate articles for wefollowtech.com. Most of the time, he works from home, and whenever he’s free, he organizes hikes for his dog, his girlfriend and himself. Tom’s home, for the time being is Baton Rouge.