|6 Questions to Ask a Web Hosting Provider Before Buying a WordPress Plan : eAskme|
This article aims to focus on those questions every consumer must ask a web hosting provider before buying a WordPress hosting plan. Though this list does not cover all the questions, it will solve enough of your doubts. Dive in to know more:
1. How scalable is the is the storage space?Getting an idea about the storage space provided for your WordPress web hosting beforehand is necessary. Let’s say, your WordPress web hosting provider promises you with 2GB disk space and before running out of the same, you experience problems like insufficient disk space etc. This is a result of poor research on your part.
Ideally, every consumer must know how much of space is given by the hosting provider. In addition to this, consumers must also know what kind of a plan of action the provider has if they face issues with respect to instant scaling.
So, the concept of ‘unlimited’ is a little too far fetched. While you come down to a buying decision ensure that you have an idea about the actual scalability of your WordPress web hosting package.
2. What is the bandwidth provided for hosting?Your WordPress web hosting package should guarantee a bandwidth which is more or less proportionate to the storage space provided for e.g.
If your WordPress hosting package is giving you 20GB of disk space and only 2GB bandwidth, you will experience a slow loading speed of web pages. This is because the capacity or bandwidth of data does not go hand in hand with the space that is guaranteed.
Hence, choose a provider that provides unmetered disk space with 2TB of bandwidth. This will answer most of the problems pertaining fluctuating monthly visitors and slow page loading.
3. How often does the server provide a great uptime?A lot of web hosting providers claim that their servers never go down.This is highly impossible given that hosting providers need to maintain servers and check for discrepancies time and again.
4. Does the hosting allow you to add Domains and Subdomains?If you want to serve two different markets, you may want two separate websites catering to the needs of specific customers. In such cases, creating two separate websites having two seperate IP addresses is beneficial.
Hence, check whether your WordPress web hosting plan allows you to host multiple domains. Most web hosting providers provide users with an admin panel that allows one to control the hosting and assist them with adding domains as well as subdomains.
5. What does the hosting provider have in mind for website’s back up?
6. How safe is the hosting environment?This will pretty much cover all the aspects that go into choosing a good WordPress web hosting for your website. Understand the kind of security plan your provider advocates.
Most websites are prone to attacks like Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS), teardrop etc. Integrations like SiteLock are a perfect fit for WordPress web hosting. This is because it protects as well as prevents such attacks and also helps mitigate backdoor hacking.