Perhaps, the 18,000 metal parts of France’s “Iron Lady” can serve as a living demonstration of the strength and durability of steel as a building material. But on a more practical level, steel is also a material of choice for “more common structures” like sheds, garages, barns, airplane hangars, small retail stores, churches, inventory storage units, and much more.
|5 Key Benefits of Steel buildings : eAskme|
While steel has proven its worth in numerous ways over the years, here are 5 of the most important benefits it brings:
1. DurabilitySteel is easily one of the strongest construction materials on the market, and the strongest as far as relatively affordable materials are concerned. It stands up well against heavy winds, does not rust, rot, or burn, and is not affected by termites. Well designed and correctly erected steel structures often survive even major natural disasters like earthquakes and hurricanes without any serious damage.
The bottom line is: steel can last for many decades, “weathering the weather” and outlasting most other building materials.
2. Quick ConstructionBecause steel out-buildings are prefabricated and pre-engineered, they need only be assembled according to plan. When done by professionals, or even by amateurs with some general construction experience, the process is often only days-long compared to weeks-long with other materials.
With large steel buildings, you might see a project that is weeks-long, but that is still shorter than the months-long alternatives. If you want/need your new building to go up fast, steel is likely your best choice.
3. AffordabilityNot only do steel buildings pay off in the long run due to its minimal maintenance requirements and its impressive longevity, they also generally cost less to build to begin with. While exact prices vary greatly based on building size and other factors, labor costs will often be half that of non-steel buildings.
And if you put your building up yourself, with a little help from friends, perhaps, then you save even more.
4. SustainabilityFor those interested in “going green,” steel buildings are much more environmentally friendly than are wood or even brick/stone.
First, steel is 100% recyclable. Second, the greater efficiency in constructing steel buildings means less energy is consumed. Third, steel buildings (when insulated) have extremely high energy efficiency ratings.
Fourth and finally, we should mention that steel scores high in the LEED sustainability system. And that is especially important if you are building to sell in a green-conscious market.
5. Made in the USAAnother great reason to build with steel for many a patriotic American is that many companies in the industry, like this one, offer 100% made-in-the-USA products.
There is simply no reason you can’t buy American and get the very best material for the job, top-tier workmanship, and an affordable price all at the same time.
ConclusionIn sum, we can say that for a wide variety of accessory buildings, in both the residential and commercial spheres, steel is the best overall material option. Your building will last longer, go up faster, cost less, do less damage to the environment, and (in many cases) will be built in the USA.
Joshua Nelson is an influencer marketing pro with brownboxbranding.com who is passionate about building authentic relationships and helping businesses connect with their ideal online audience. She keeps her finger on the pulse of the ever-evolving digital marketing world by writing on the latest marketing advancements and focuses on developing customized blogger outreach plans based on industry and competition.