How to Create a Recording Studio in Your Home
|How to Create a Recording Studio in Your Home : eAskme|
1. Get a good computerA computer can be referred to as the "central nervous system" of the recording studio. As a newbie, you may start wondering about the type of computer to use. This should not worry you, just use the fastest computer that you can afford. The good news is that we are living in an era where all the computers have been optimized for speed. This means that you will have an easy time in choosing the right computer. Even that simple computer that you have will be able to do the job then you can upgrade as time goes by. A PC, MAC and a tablet will be able to do the job.
Check it: 10 Most Adorable Videos : To Smile Again
2. Audio interfaceAnother crucial hardware that you should get for your home recording studio is an audio interface. It is the right tool that you can use to get the recordings into the computer. First, you should get an audio interface that is compatible with your computer as the interface acts as a gateway between the computer and other devices. It will give you an easier time in creating the connection. If you are a beginner, it is advisable that you go for a simple interface that does not have any complex features. Of course, you should also consider your budget in making a choice.
Listen More: 4 Best Internet Radio Websites for Streaming Music Online
3. An ideal microphoneWith a wide range of microphones in the market, choosing the right one to use in your home recording studio may not be a walk in the park. First, understand the different types of microphones and their specifications. With this knowledge, you will be able to choose the right mic that will take clear voice input from the singer. You can purchase a microphone that will be directly connected to the USB port, microphone port on the computer or through the audio interface. Read through the manual that came with the mic so as to understand how to connect it properly.
Talk More: 5 Best Video Chat Software for Desktop
4. HeadphonesThe voice input for the microphone to the computer needs to find its way out in a clear and audible way. It will be a wasted effort if you won't be able to hear what you have just recorded. There are different types of headphones that you can choose for your home recording studio. Apart from budget, your choice of a headphone can be guided by what you intend to achieve when using the headphone. The three most common models of headphones that you will encounter are open-back and closed-back and semi-open-back. The differences come in their design and purpose.
6 Free Apps to Watch TV on iPhone
5 Free Video Chat Services Online to Meet New People
Closed-back headphones are mainly used for recording tracks in a studio. They have a maximum sound isolation feature that makes it easy for one to monitor all aspects of the voice that are being recorded. No recorded sound will be able to escape.
Open-back headphones are mainly used for mixing. Though they have poor voice isolation, they facilitate more accurate frequency balance. Semi-open headphones combine the features of two headphones. Facilitate frequency balance and at the same time have good music isolation. To get more information on how to find the best studio headphones and how to select the best one.
5. Recording softwareThere are a good number of software programs that you can use, and your choice may depend on what you intend to achieve. Some are available for free while others have to be purchased. Choose a simple software that will take you a short time to learn its features and how to use it.
Do not be pulled back in your quest to have a studio. With this guide, you will be able to set up a fully-functioning home recording studio that will satisfy all your needs.