|How to Start a Blog with GoDaddy: eAskme|
How to Start a Blog
1. Choose a blog nameChoose a blog name that is easy to remember and memorable. While at it, resist the urge to use hyphens and numbers.
2. Decide on a blog builderThere are plenty of blog builders out there, but WordPress stands out in a big way for a reason – it is effective, well-supported by many hosts, and welcoming to beginners. Other options include Blogger and Type Pad.
3. Pick the right web hostWhen starting a blog, use a host that has a history of providing quality webhosting services. For instance, GoDaddy offers great WordPress blog hosting.
4. Link the domain name to the blogThe webhost should show you how to link your blog to your domain name. This process should be fast and painless when using a good webhost.
5. Design the blogMake your blog to look as you always fantasized about. You can play around with the themes, and plugins, and to get the blog you wanted all along.
6. Publish your blog contentStart publishing the content that will define your blog’s niche.
7. Promote and post more contentNow promote your blog through social media and see your subscriber numbers, and income, grow.
Determining Your Hosting NeedsIt is important to understand what your blog’s hosting needs are. For instance, some blogs will require lots of server space because they will include lots of images and videos. Other blogs might end up with lots of traffic. In such scenarios, ample space and bandwidth would be a necessity.
Additionally, you can determine what your responsibilities are as far as managing the blog goes. For instance, if you want someone else to handle the backups and maintenance, consider paying someone for it.
Other issues to consider when starting a blog include whether you need multiple domain names, technical support, hosting costs, and the like. One of the most popular hosts for bloggers is GoDaddy. Below we will see how to start a blog with GoDaddy.
How to Start a GoDaddy Managed WordPress Blog
1. Visit GoDaddy managed WordPress pageOn the page, you will asked to create an account if you don’t already have one.
2. Select a plan
The basic plan costs $3.99, while the Deluxe plan goes for $4.99. The Ultimate plan is worth $7.99 a month, while the Developer plan goes for $13.99.
3. Create/add a domainAdd a domain by choosing “No Thanks”. Otherwise, you can search for a new domain.
4. Choose plan lengthPlan length is the amount of time you wish your webhosting plan to last for. It is a good idea to select a web hosting plan for at least 12 months.
5. Adjust privacy settingsFor GoDaddy’s free domain offer, select the option to keep your contact information private before checking out.
6. Visit Help for information on how to set up your new blogYou can use the “Quick Start Wizard”, which makes the process of setting up a blog faster and easier.
GoDaddy CouponsThe following GoDaddy Coupons are available at the moment.
- WOWJS35OFF – 35% off your orders
- afw50host – 50% off webhosting plans
- 50HOST1 – 50% off new hosting plans plus a free domain