|Best Blog Sites : eAskme|
Blogging is not just a work, it is a hobby, it is a fun way to make money online. You need not to be a geek or technology guy or programmer to start a blog. In reality everyone can do blogging, just need Blogging passion. People worldwide work from home, even students, moms ex-servicemen are working on their own blogs.
So let`s stick to the question that what are the best blogging platforms or sites?
Best Blog sites
WordPress.orgWordPress.org the best blog site and a self hosted blogging platform. It is recommended by everyone and it has covered 19% of the Internet, which is in reality a huge share of whole Internet market. WordPress is founded by Matt Mullenweg of Automattic in May 27th, 2003 and since then it is breaking records every year.
- Recomended : Websites and Blogging
- Requirement : Domain name and web hosting
- Cost: they do not charge anything as you have to buy your own hosting and domain name, which you can buy from any domain registrar and web hosting company.
- Personal recommendation: WordPress.org is the best blogging platform for all type of sites and blogs.
WordPress.comWordPress.com is a free blogging platform but it has lesser features than self hosted Wordpress.org. It need less maintenance but also less control. Your domain on Wrodpress.com will look like "yourdomain.wordpress.com". It also provide you few free themes that you can use. This format of Wordpress released in 21st November, 2005. Oh That is my birthday. oh don`t get confused 21st nomvember is my birthday not 2005. WordPress.com has 56 million blogs.
- Recommended : Community blogging
- Cost : Free
- Personal recommendation: Only to test blogging skills
BloggerBlogger is one of the best blog sites also a product of Google, which itself makes it valuable. It was founded in 2003 by Evan Williams of Pyra Labs. By default it give you domain like "yourdomain.blogspot.com" But you can buy a custom domain like "www.yourdomain.com" and easily configure it in Blogger. It offer awesome services but a bit traditional designs. You can use only gmail account to access Blogger.com. You can easily monetize it with Adsense.
- Recommended : Blogging
- Costs : Free, except if you want you can buy a domain from any domain registrar
- My Recommendation : You can start blogging on Blogger.com to test and learn and after some time you can move to WordPress.org.
TumblrTumblr is also a popular blog site. David Karp has founded Tumblr.com in 2007. It has more than 150 million users. You can easily signup by 3rd party signup feature of Tumblr.
- Less Customization
- Less professional
- Cost : Free but you cna add custom domain to remove .tumblr from domain name.
- Personal recommendation : Only Good for photography.
SquareSpaceSquareSpace has attractive design and give you a free trail to use its services. Anthony Casalena has founded SquareSpace in January, 2004. It has less customization options.
- Recommended : Personal and business websites and blogs.
- Cost : Free 14 days trial and after that $8 per month.
- Personal recommendation : Better advertising and accessibility to setup business quickly.
Google+Google Plus founded in June 28, 2011 by Google developers as it is a product of Google. It has more than 500 million users. There was a thought that it can be next Facebook, but it failed to be that. Still it is much popular among bloggers, webmasters and Internet marketers.
- Recommended : Social Networking
- Cost : free
- Personal recommendation : It is really necessary for everyone who want to show his presence in virtual world.
MediumMedium was founded by Evan Williams and Biz Stone in 2012. It is good for story telling to improve content quality. It has low readership.
- Costs: Free
- Personal recommendation : It is good competitor of Blogger, tumblr and twitter.
HubpagesPaul Edmondson has founded HubPages in August 6, 2006. Since than it is growing rapidly. In 2014 hubpages has merged popular Squidoo in it, which also helped it to grow its user base. It has billions of articles and guides on different topics.
- Cost : Its free but provide less ownership for your own work.
- Personal recommendation : Awesome platform to learn from professionals and develop writing skills.
JoomlaJoomla is a web content management system (CMS). It is written in PHP and used by developers. It was released in 17th August, 2005. It has more than 6000 free extensions. It is the second most popular CMS. But it has smaller community and sometimes articles you find here may be out of date.
- Recommended : Content management
- Personal recommendation : Not easy for beginners but good for a Joomla developer.
Live JournalBrad Fitzpatrick has founded Live Journal in April 15th, 1999. It has more than 39.6 million accounts and 1.7 million active accounts. It is good to read entries and leave comments. It has some premium features like call from phone to livejournam number, voice recording, quicker load time etc.
- Recommended: Blogging, journaling, writing a diary
- Cost: Free but cost .99 USD for tokens to promote your post.
- Personal recommendation : It is Russian now.
QuoraQuora released in June 21st, 2010. It is a Question and answer based website. It has more than 5 million users. It is less customizable, but good for getting answers from world. 30% of Quora users are from India
- Personal recommendation : You can run discussion by submitting questions and answers.
TypepadTypepad founded in October 2003 by Say Media. It is easy to use but has easy customization.
- Cost: Free
- Personal recommendation : Typepad to maintain blogs.
WeeblyWeebly founded in 2006 by David Rusenko. It has over 15 million websites. It has easy drag and drop feature. But it provide less control to user.
- Costs: free
- Personal recommendation : Weebly is a good choice.
DrupalDries Buytaert has founded Drupal in January 2001. It is a CMS (content management system). It has over 1 million users and 30K developers, 22,900 free add-ons, free and premium themes. But it is not good for beginners.
- Recommended : Web Applications, Content Management, Blogging
- Personal recommendation : Good for coding..
Postach.ioEvernote has founded Postach.io in 2013. It has over 20,000 users. It supports popular comment plugin Disqus, lighter feel, easy to use but has less customization.
- Recommended : On-the-go bloggers, note-taking
- Cost: Free
SvbtleSvbtle founded by Dustin Curtis in 2013. It is new and still no commenting feature.
- Cost: Free
- Personal recommendation : It is a network of great people to share and discover ideas.
Sett BrowseTynan and Todd Iceton has launched Sett in 2013. It has users between 1,000 – 10,000. It has navigation bar like Blogge also has a word-matching system, one click subscription option. It`s premium service allow allows for more image hosting.
- Cost: Free but also have some premium services
GhostGhost Foundation has launched Ghost in 2013. It has over 50000 users. It is open souce, which means when you download it that means you own it.
- Cost : Free but also have some premium services
PosthavenPosthaven also founded by Ghost Foundation in 2013. You can post by email but they cost $5 for each blog every month.
Blog.comBlog.com launched in 2004 and has move than 2 million users. It provide free themes, social widgets, multi-author blogging, video etc. But it is less customizable. It also provide premium features like custom domain and advertising networks.
- Recommended : Blogging
ZoomshareZoomshare has over 50K users and a good community. It is paid now and cost is $6.95 a month.
Personal recommendation : Not good.
So these are the list of few popular best blog sites. You can try them and find which one is best for your. Also remember that there is a difference between Wordpress.org and WordPress.com. Do share which blogging platform you prefer. If you like this article, feel free to share on Twitter and Google Plus. Don`t forget to subscribe eAskme feed to get updates.