Content marketing report of B2B said that top 3 content marketing goals include thought leadership and proves its priority.
If you have asked someone about the name of the blogs that you should follow, then you must have received the similar type of reply with the name of solo bloggers rather than the name of company blogs.
|7 Reasons Solo Bloggers Outperform Company Bloggers in Influence: eAskme|
It has been observed that individual bloggers can easily outperform company bloggers even when companies have more blogging staff and budget.
Now the question is, how solo influencers can grow audience and compete with the company bloggers even when individual bloggers have the lesser budget and fewer resources. The next question you may ask, how blogging corporations can increase their influence?
1) Solo Bloggers are more Entrepreneurial:
A significant difference between solo bloggers and business bloggers is that only bloggers have their ambition and follow their path. They enjoy the freedom of being independent and are easily able to make more money blogging. They are usually self-motivated to work harder and for long hours rather than bloggers working in companies.
Income and time to work with company bloggers are always fixed. They do not put maximum efforts as compared to solo bloggers. There is still a fundamental difference between the solo blogger and company blogger.
Read More: The 3M Rule to Boost your Content Marketing Campaign
Solo bloggers tend to take responsibility for their content and do more research to generate engaging and shareable content, but company bloggers are focused on writing content. Company bloggers only work to create more and more content, but solo bloggers can share their own experience.
Now the question is, how can company bloggers can compete with entrepreneurial solo bloggers?
Individual bloggers are giving fierce competition to company bloggers as they are self-motivated and work more extended hours.
What companies should do to compete with solo bloggers?
- Hire self-motivated people
- Encourage writers to invest in education
- Improve communication between company bloggers and the company.
2) Focus on building relationships:Single bloggers are more focused on making relationships than company bloggers. Usually, company bloggers ignore the importance of broader connection and networking.
Read More: Content Marketing Skills You Must Master
Collaboration with influential bloggers and forming strong relationships help a solo blogger to become a successful entrepreneur. But in a company, bloggers complain about additional jobs where they are asked to become more social.
What companies should do?
- Companies should educate bloggers about the importance of networking.
- Train bloggers about how to engage with other bloggers.
- Network with people who want to grow their brand.
3) Company Bloggers ignore self-disclosure:Self-disclosure is a great way to build trust. Individual bloggers usually write self-disclosure on their about us page. This helps them to quickly make empathy and trust.
Companies never encourage bloggers working in the organization to self-disclose. Bloggers working in corporations are focused on problem-solving and offering information. You can ignore storytelling or be too open, but you cannot overlook the importance of self-disclosure.
Read More: Master Steps to Use Content Marketing For Businesses
What should companies do?
- Hire bloggers that can write emotional content.
- Appreciate self-disclosure to form a secure connection with readers.
4) Different Compensation Structures of Company Blogger and Solo BloggersThere are various compensation and rewards for company bloggers and solo bloggers. Solo bloggers work harder and invest more time to create content that is engaging and evergreen. Evergreen and unique content adds value to the reader's experience will help you to generate more sales.
Company bloggers are salaried bloggers.
How can companies motivate bloggers to produce quality content?
- Add additional rewards and ways to compensate bloggers.
- Praise and recognition work the best to drive a blogger.
5) Mind game:Solo bloggers are focused on long-term goals. Long-term content marketing strategies are always helpful. Solo bloggers understand this that they have to invest for the long run, but bloggers working in companies are not able to realize that some activities will pay off in the long term.
Solo bloggers keep improving and blogging till they succeed.
What companies should do to compete with solo bloggers?
- Companies should focus on long-term content marketing goals.
- They should understand that it takes time to grow traffic and influence the market.
6) Experience in Blogging:Companies mostly fail to hire an influencer who already has experience in blogging. Because of the people, who already have experience in blogging, start their own blogging business and make it difficult for companies to hire them.
Read More: How SEO & Content Marketing Work Better Together
Recommendation: Hire blogger before he becomes influential.
Find out the steps that make a blogger influencer and find the bloggers who are taking those steps.
7) Personal Branding:Many blogging companies discourage personal branding, which hurt them. Personal branding is helpful to grow the company influence as well.
For example; eAskme is a well-known blog, and Gaurav Kumar is also famous as the founder of eAskme.com and most influential content creator. He publishes content related to blogging, SEO, internet marketing, startup business, etc.
Read More: Effective Marketing Tips to Promote Your Brand
He also speaks at private blogging conferences. This helps build trust for eAskme and personal branding for him.