It is recommended that manual installation is much secured than installing wp using Fantastico.
What is required to Manually install WordPress Blog:We need few things to start the process.
- WordPress software: You can download from WordPress.org.
- FTP Access
- cPanel access to create Database and DB username and password.
Create Database and Database User:
|MySQL Database Wizard : eAskme|
|Creating Database for WordPress Installation : eAskme|
- Login to cPanel
- Click on MySQL database wizard under database and
- Create a Database and enter databse name in the box.
- Click on next step
- Enter username and password.
|User and pass for WP Database : eAskme|
- Click on Create User
- Click on all privileges to newly created user
- Click on next step.
|Giving Privileges to Database user : eAskme|
Complete WordPress manual Installation Tutorial:Now take few different steps to manual installation of WordPress. Either extract .zip file, edit wp-config file and upload complete WordPress folder to root of domain (Public_html), or use cPanel file manager to extract wp-config file and edit. The main thing is to change wp-config content and upload it to right folder. Use free FTP client like FileZilla. In this tutorial we will see how to do it with Web hosting cPanel.
Uploading WordPress to your cPanel:
- Go to cPanel
- Go to file manager
- Upload the WordPress zip file
- Click on extract
- Extract everything to public_html directory.
To extract everything in Public_html
- Go to cPanel hosting,
- Go to Files
- File manager
- Browse to public_html directory
- Upload the WordPress.zip file.
|Extracting WordPress : eAskme|
Editing WordPress Wp-config file:Now wee need to enter database information in Wp-config file. Make a copy of wp-config-sample.php. Rename it to wp-config.php. Click on edit:
In this file, here are couple of things which you have to change:
|Editing WordPress Wp-config WordPress : eAskme|
- Db_host usually remains Localhost.
- Click on Save Changes
Executing WordPress Manual installer script:Run the WordPress install script, enter a username and password to wp-admin and do basic settings. The last thing which you need to do to run your Wordpress blog is here:
Go to :
http://yourdomainname.com/wp-admin/install.php (replace yourdomainname.com with actual domain name of your blog).
|Select language : eAskme|
|Final WordPress Manual Installation Setup : eAskme|
Select the language of WordPress installation:
- Enter username and password to your WordPress installation.
- Login now via below given link
Change (replace yourdomainname.com with actual domain name of your blog).
Now, here are some of the basic posts and steps which you should be following to move ahead with it:
- 7 essential settings after Installing WordPress
- How to install WordPress Plugin
- How to Install WordPress theme
- Basic WordPress plugins for every WordPress Blog
- How To Add Floating Social Share Buttons To WordPress
- How to Change WordPress Default Username For Security
- Which is The best WordPress Permalink Structure for SEO
- How to Use Post Permalink and Post Title Combination
- how to optimize WordPress Robot.txt File For Search engine Bots
- WordPress tags : What is it and How to Organize Them
- How to Setup RSS Feed for WordPress Using Feedburner
- How to Add Google Analytics To WordPress Blog
- WordPress Ping List for faster Indexing
- Genesis Theme for WordPress
- Cost to start a Self Hosted WordPress